lördag 13 november 2010

I disagree - Jag håller inte med

När jag städade huset idag så startade jag en gammal favorit från tidigt 90-tal nämligen East 17 och speciellt deras sång "I disagree" fick mig att stanna upp och känna åter igen samma känsla som jag hade i flickrummet när jag lyssnade på denna låt...

When I was cleaning the house I played one of my old CD:s with music from the early 90:ies and remembered how I felt listening to this song by East 17 in my room at my parents place:

Disagree

I disagree with prisons, I disagree with war
I disagree with powers and all that they stand for
I disagree with violence it's survival having a say
I disagree with war because I know that's not the way

I disagree with class distinction, labels and names
I disagree with cold belief that binds you in chains
I disagree with law because it's Mother hypocrisy
Man cannot be caged, man is love and love is free

I disagree if you believe a mind can be controlled
I disagree if you believe a soul can be sold
I disagree with murder cos I know that that is wrong
I send peace out to my brother, brother help me to be strong

I disagree that we can't live as one family
I disagree a rose should be born with no leaves
I disagree this world will end on 2000 years
Cos I know the Lord will come before the final fall of tears

I disagree with powers that cause this world pain
Promise you sunshine but all they bring's rain
I disagree with leaders that lead without love
It's time to step aside while we take this world above


Fortfarande har den förmågan att samla ihop hur jag tänker och känner om världen fastän jag har levt dubbelt så länge som jag gjort då jag lyssnade för första gången på låten... Känner att den inspirerar mig att skriva nytt politiskt i min andra blogg, fick bara för många ideér...

This song wraps up my entire way of looking at the world - and that after I have doubled the amount of years I have lived it still workes just like a mirror of my true feelings about the world we live in... It makes wanna write more in my other blog (about politics) but I have to many things to say so perhaps it covers a few posts...

0 kommentarer:

 
Google+